The TSCA Rescue and Health Trust was established in 2006 to accomplish the following goals:
- Develop a program to offer financial support to parties engaged in Tibetan Spaniel Rescue and Tibetan Spaniel Health Research.
- Develop and maintain references about rescue for the general public, including, but not limited to, providing information to owners considering placing a Tibetan Spaniel in rescue and persons interested in obtaining a Tibetan Spaniel from rescue.
- Develop and make available to the general public information about the proper care, treatment, breeding, health development and training of Tibetan Spaniels, including the importance of training and socialization.
- To develop and enrich understanding of the diseases and genetic anomalies which affect Tibetan Spaniels in part through supporting the creation and maintenance of a database of health information about the breed.
- To support and promote the study of and research on the genetics and health issues which affect the Tibetan Spaniel.
- To develop and make available to the general public and the purebred dog fancy information about the proper care, treatment, breeding, and development of the Tibetan Spaniel as it relates to the health and well-being of individual dogs and the breed as a whole.
The following are the Trust’s initiatives for meeting its goals:
- Guidelines: Develop guidelines to govern the circumstances and manner in which the Trust offers financial support to rescue groups, individuals, and health research activities.
- Publicity: Publicize the availability of rescue funding and health research funding by developing a website for the Trust and through appropriate venues such as the TSCA, Inc. Newsletter and website. The Trust will publish information about the symptoms and treatment of Tibetan Spaniel health problems such as PRA, hip dysplasia, cataracts, epilepsy and liver shunt on the website and in appropriate media. The Trust will also provide information about recommended health clearance tests.
- Survey: Develop a comprehensive health survey for the Tibetan Spaniel and disseminate the results of the survey to the public.
- Public Education: The Trust will develop several brochures to be made available to the public free of charge. Brochures will be developed to address Tibetan Spaniel Health issues, Tibetan Spaniel rescue policies and procedures, and standardized puppy buyer information to include basic information on health issues and socialization.
- Research Funding: Based on data collected from the health survey, the Trust will research the opportunities to fund medical research and make donations in support of research in areas that directly affect the Tibetan Spaniel. All research funding will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Trust will be funded by donations and fundraising events. Donations will be solicited from Tibetan Spaniel Club of America, Inc. (TSCA) annually. Additional donations from the membership and general public will be solicited on an as-needed basis. We project an income of $2,000 from donations. In addition, we will organize fundraising events to be held in conjunction with the TSCA, Inc. National Specialty and Regional club shows. We project yearly income of $1,000 from such events.
Declaration of Trust
For a pdf, click Declaration of Trust.